Makeover your Mudroom
October 3, 2012 View Comments (0)
Mudroom Makeover Ideas
courtesy of Ana White
Taking the time to make this high traffic space function better is well worth it. Keep it simple and only store what is needed in this area. Getting out the door every morning will be a breeze!
- Make a list of the items that are a must for this area. What do you and the kids need to grab on the way out the door every morning?
- Grab some empty bins, pull everything out of the space and sort. Your categories should be family member names, NOT named by item. Don’t forget the family pet!
- Find a secondary home for infrequently used and out of season items. Make space in your child’s bedroom closet for these.
- Before you go shopping, measure the width of the walls for potential storage, and check how much depth you can “steal” from the path into the home.
- Scope out potential storage pieces that will help keep footwear and coats off the floor. Great local destinations include Home Sense, Rona, and IKEA. (don’t forget your measurements and tape measure!)
WIN an Entryway Makeover…more storage, more function!
With the purchase of ANY Niche Product, your name goes in a draw to win a custom storage design package. (expires Oct. 9, 2012)
Value $450!! - design work, shopping list, and step by step instructions to DIY!